Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Looking Forward with Hope!



The past few days in Blue have been delightful! Indian summer helps cut down on the use of logs for heating the house.


There are so many hidden treasures to living "on top of Ole Smokey"!! Today Blue looks a lot like "ole smokey"; the white clouds are resting comfortably on top of the mountain; the temp is around 60 degrees and it's a good day to get some outdoor work done. A healthy lifestyle consists of daily exercise; what better way to exercise then to walk 1/2 block to the wood shed for logs; walk outside a take several deep breaths opening up your airway and oxygenating your brain. It's a great place to live here in the Adirondack Mountains. Bend & Stretch:


Lifting the logs and stacking them close to the house is my primary objective but the bonus is as I bend to lift a log I'm using muscles in my arms & legs. I've played tennis for many years but this exercise is invigorating.


My "looking forward" this morning is toward those cold winter days when my out of doors may be limited ,but as I reflect on "Today" I'll be able to share in this post the special way using wood to heat the house on those below freezing days is one way to get started on a health & wellbeing fitness program. When there is snow on the ground & I'm unable to get out to the wood shed I try to continue doing similar exercises indoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment