Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"Favor" the Log is on Fire!

Favor can elicit a number of ideas! It could speak of a high place in the order of selection; this may give you a clue as to why today's log is called "FAVOR"! These days haven't been too cold so FAVOR has been waiting to be put in the wood stove and the weather has been in a high place in my selection.
The logs are stacked waiting for the next frost to set in ; but the weather is calm & I happy for the time spent out of doors. THese days have given me a welcomed opportunity to get some exercise; even short walks are good. Let me encourage you to do whatever your body can tolerate. Remember to not overdo it!!
These are great days! Practice your breathing exercises! Begin your day with inhaling peace from FAVOR's vapors and exhaling goodness from FAVOR's gift. The naming of the logs changes my thoughts from seeing logs as ordinary hunks of wood to life & warmth giving entities!
Keeping warm is essential as the winter months draw near and if the heat source is wood each log is precious. All heat sources are precious but logs a visible signs for us!

For me, naming each log keeps me mindful of the living trees, helps me remember to FAVOR the trees, and when day is done helps me remember that I'm breathing in the vapors of FAVOR both the living FAVORS and the burning FAVORS!

Best wishes to all for a Peaceful Thanksgiving Holiday!!

3 comments:

  1. Good post, mom. Keep it going and I'll see you tomorrow. gobble gobble

    ReplyDelete
  2. I THINK IF YOU BRING THEM IN WHEN THE WEATHERS ISN'T SO BAD THEN YOU CAN BE PREPARED FOR THE COLDER DAYS TO COME... DONT JUST PILE THEM OUTSIDE , PILE THEM INSIDE !!!!! STAY WARM
    JACKIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am looking for a newer post that was back in November hey Mom lets get blogging again!!!

    ReplyDelete